Sleep Apnea Treatment
There could be more to that
Sleep disorders and your health
Why is my dentist talking to me about sleep?
Many people tend to think that their dentist is just concerned with their teeth and oral hygiene. Though that is true, Dr. Zeringue, along with the hygienists and the whole dental staff, are concerned about the overall health of the patients that we see. Dr. Zeringue, backed by a trained team, are able to identify certain signs of sleep related disorder by just taking one look in your mouth and asking a few simple questions.
For some patients with a sleep disorder, a dental appliance is the preferred method of treatment over a CPAP.
If you have, or suspect that you have a sleep disorder, we can help! We are ready to listen, discuss, assist, and educate you if you need!
CPAP machines aren’t the only form of sleep disorder treatment.
Did you know...
- 30% of all pregnant women snore. Women who snore habitually deliver developmentally-delayed babies 7% of the time. Women who snore occasionally deliver developmentally-delayed babies 2.3% of the time.
- People with an undiagnosed sleep disorder are twelve times more likely to be involved in an automobile accident.
- The odds of having behavioral problems, such as ADD or ADHD, were six times higher in children who had a persistent sleep disorder.
- 70% of people with dementia also have a sleep disorder.
- Although we are a dental office, we DO file to your medical insurance company.
Are you at risk?
If your quality of life is not what it used to be, ask yourself...
- Do you snore?
- Do you have restless sleep?
- Do you get up often during your sleep time?
- Do you have difficulty getting going in the morning?
- Do you wake up with headaches?
- Do you fall asleep at inappropriate times?
- Can you afford the potential consequences of ignoring these symptoms?
If you answered "YES" to one or more of these questions, you may be at risk! Speak to us today! A sleep consultation can save your life, your relationship and restore your quality of life!
Contact us for more information on Sleep Apnea or to schedule a consultation.